Now you don’t have to travel beyond the wall to find a white walker.
Johnnie Walker has announced the first release, White Walker, in The Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection These limited-edition whiskies are inspired by characters and the world of Westeros and beyond.
White Walker is inspired by the most enigmatic and feared characters on the show — the White Walkers. This blend was created by whisky specialist George Harper alongside the small team of blenders at Johnnie Walker. At the heart of this new blend are single malts from Cardhu and Clynelish – one of Scotland’s most northern distilleries.
This blend has notes of caramelized sugar and vanilla, the company says, along with fresh red berries and a note of orchard fruit.
The bottling is an icy white-and-blue design with the Striding Man now fashioned in armor to fit in among the ranks of the Night King’s forces. Utilizing temperature-sensitive thermochromic ink technology, fans will be reminded that “Winter is Here” from a graphic reveal on the bottle when frozen.
The Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection features eight scotches that are all new to the U.S. Each is paired with one of the Houses of Westeros, as well as the Night’s Watch, plus one of Diageo’s distilleries in Scotland that links somehow with that house or character, the company says, “from the power of water between both House Tully and The Singleton of Glendullan, to the legendary women behind House Targaryen and Cardhu, or the royal lineage of House Baratheon and Royal Lochnagar and more.”
White Walker by Johnnie Walker will be available nationwide starting October 2018. The Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection will be available nationwide starting November 2018. The entire collection includes:
- White Walker by Johnnie Walker SRP: $36 for 750ml; ABV 41.7%
- Game of Thrones House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select; SRP: $29.99 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost; SRP: $39.99 for 750ml; ABV 43%
- Game of Thrones House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve; SRP: $39.99 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old; SRP: $64.99 for 750ml; ABV 46%
- Game of Thrones The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve; SRP: $62.99 for 750ml; ABV 43%
- Game of Thrones House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve; SRP: $44.99 for 750ml; ABV 45.8%
- Game of Thrones House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old; SRP: $64.99 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve; SRP: $59.99 for 750ml; ABV 51.2%
“Groundbreaking partnerships continue to be a strategic initiative for Diageo as they foster exceptional creative collaboration and help showcase the breadth of our portfolio,” says Dan Sanborn, SVP of culture and partnerships at Diageo. “We are very proud to have our collection of single malts and Johnnie Walker, the number one scotch whisky brand in the world, collaborate with HBO’s most successful TV franchise to develop these limited-edition offerings for fans to collect and celebrate the final season of Games of Thrones.”