The Distributor Best Practices Awards were created to honor members of the middle tier for their use of innovation in running efficient, successful operations. The inaugural awards will be announced in the Spring 2024 issue of Beverage Wholesaler.
ENTRIES WILL OPEN HERE IN FALL 2023
What are the Best Practices Awards?
The Distributor Best Practices Awards will be launched in 2023 as an extension of our existing Control State Best Practices Awards, handed out by StateWays magazine. They recognize beer, wine and spirit wholesalers and brokers from around the country (both regional and national) who’ve demonstrated innovation in a number of categories. One distributor will also be selected as the Overall Winner, serving as a model for other wholesalers to follow.
The awards showcase the best parts of the middle tier, which is especially important in today’s consolidated industry. We encourage all distributors to enter the awards and share your successes with the rest of the industry. Good luck!
Entries for 2023 will open in the fall.
You may enter programs and initiatives that were active at some point between September 1, 2022 and August 31, 2023. Entry categories include:
- Best Warehouse Innovation
- Best Transportation Innovation
- Best Technology Innovation
- Best Training Program
- Best On-Premise Program
- Best Off-Premise Program
- Best Supplier Partnership
Include a description of your program’s origination or a mission statement, results you’ve seen so far, metrics you’re tracking to determine effectiveness, and future plans for the program. No need to include every detail – we’ll follow up with the winners for in-depth interviews. A few paragraphs will suffice for the entry form.
- One winner will be selected as the “Best of the Best” Overall Winner. Distributors that submit entries in more than one category will increase the likelihood they’ll be considered for this designation.
- Distributors may enter as many categories as they want, but please submit only one entry per category max.
- All winners will be chosen by the editorial staff of Beverage Wholesaler magazine.
- No distributor may win more than one award in 2023, or win the same category two years in a row.
- All winners must make staff members available to Beverage Wholesaler editors for interviews. Images and additional information may be requested.
Award and Recognition
The Overall Winner will be featured on the cover of the Spring 2024 issue of Beverage Wholesaler. All winners will be profiled in the issue, showcasing the reasons they won. In addition, winning distributors will receive an award plaque at the 2024 Beverage Alcohol Retailers Conference in June, and will have access to a press release template to promote their win.
If you have any questions about the Best Practices Awards, please contact the Beverage Wholesaler editorial staff:
- Content Director Jeremy Nedelka: firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-383-4413
- Associate Editor Jamie Stafford: email@example.com