Company: Breakthru Beverage
Location: Tampa, FL
The Vice President, Trade Development is responsible for leading the Trade Development organization and is the single point of contact for suppliers. Ultimately responsible for business plans, supplier collaboration, in-market cross-functional partnership and process implementation. This position will drive business planning, performance evaluation, product and inventory management, pricing and revenue management and demand planning/ forecasting/ budgeting. This position will embrace and develop behaviors consistent with BBG’s Trade Development mission. Must always adhere to the established business rules. Must embrace and support BBG’s Reliability Model. Serves as the local market expert on customers, brands, key sales drivers, trends and market dynamics.
- Financial Plan
- Co-own the annual operating plan and develop regular collaboration cadence with sales.
- Set, oversee and manage the Trade Development team to achieve or exceed their annual financial targets.
- Manage margins, control costs and capitalize on operational efficiencies in partnership with finance and operations.
- Oversee low cost high-value programs that help achieve the business plan for the overall market down to each individualized supplier.
- Work closely with finance and purchasing around business planning managing aspects of the P&L specifically around gross profit, revenue, accounts payable, volume and inventory.
- Manage supplier relationships in the marketplace
- Act as the primary contact for market level supplier leaders fostering engagement and solid relationships.
- Collaborate, review and approve supplier contracts.
- Negotiate and agree upon annual supplier business plans, to include volume targets by brand.
- Ensure Breakthru is meeting company and supplier targets.
- Oversee the quality and quantity of brand building initiatives and outputs.
- Oversee the localization of national programming, develop brand solutions tailored to consumer insight by channel.
- Goal Setting and goal model management
- Prioritize and set goals for each division.
- Ensure the team works closely with sales and suppliers and signs off on tools that are needed to deliver goals.
- Approve targets for the organization.
- Partner and collaborate with Sales, Operations, Finance, Purchasing and Revenue Management to optimize business performance within the marketplace.
- Input the process to ensure appropriate levels of inventory around ordering, days on hand and sku rationalization
- In partnership with Revenue Management, provide the strategic pricing, costing and gross profit direction.
- In collaboration with Revenue Management, set annual GP target by supplier.
- Work with the team to identify areas to improve Breakthru’s overall performance.
- Nurture BBG’s simplification effort and its sell more/make more objective.
- Lead the Trade Development Team effectively by clearly communicating roles and responsibilities, expectations and deliverables
- Oversee the recruitment, management, development and retention of all associates on the team, evaluating as needed.
- Establish an environment of teamwork, mentoring and support accountability.
- Ensure Breakthru Professional Development is implemented throughout the team.
- Foster a work ethic deeply rooted in innovation and a commitment to being the best.
- Establish standards, processes and protocols around ways of working to create a data driven culture
- Effectively lead direct reports – Business Management, Channel Management and Analytics – to ensure high-quality outputs.
- Leverage the company’s tools and technology to drive business performance and planning, including Goal Model, Focus Marketing, Syndicated Data, Harmony, Breakthru Now, Provi, Digital Marketing and other commercial tools.
- Maximize the company’s analytical resources and capabilities to help drive fact-based decisions to achieve the business plan.
- Lead and manage the Analytics & Insights team to drive data driven decision making around fact-based information leveraging the company’s syndicated data resources and tools; Power BI, Webi, Harmony, sales reporting and other data resources.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide management oversight, leadership and strategic direction; ability to develop trust and strong collaborative working relationships; must be a team builder who is willing to empower staff to get the job done through providing the needed support; must have a history of recruiting and developing exceptional people.
- Strong competency in leading others to meet goals, establishing clear direction, setting objectives and monitoring progress and results in a deadline-driven environment.
- Action-oriented, hard-working with an ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, changing and interactive environment; self-starting, self-motivating and ability to show results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner; customer focused, dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external constituents with strong collaboration skills.
- Able to work in a matrixed organization with passion and charisma; superior communication skills to express, both orally and in writing, the Trade Development mission with clarity, passion and persuasion; ability to present the story credibly and compellingly to external and internal constituencies.
- Demonstrated track record of effective negotiation, including a proven record of accomplishment in individual, supplier, relations; planning, implementation, management and successful conclusion major initiatives are highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales management or trade development.
- Advanced PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software.
- Advanced understanding of CPG data.
- Ability to motivate and develop a team.
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Analytic and reporting skills.
- Utilize strong business planning, sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment.
- Strong sales, finance, budget management, negotiation and management skills.
- Ability to translate Strategy into relevant marketplace activity.