Company: Horizon Beverage
Location: Boston, MA
The Portfolio Development Specialist is responsible to market, sell, and promote a supplier portfolio which includes wine and spirits to on premise businesses within assigned territory. Uphold and exhibit a comprehensive understanding of how products are made, what differentiates distinct brands from their competition, and how to position brands within various retail channels. Demonstrate competent sales and consultant abilities through the development of positive customer and co-worker relationships. Provide exemplary customer service through frequent face-to-face visits, telephonic, and electronic contact. Meet sales and goal expectations consistently.
- Achieve sales, service, and product distribution objectives in assigned territory.
- Provide after sales support including staff trainings, organizing product dinners, and conducting evening and weekend tastings.
- Conduct promotional and/or educational seminars.
- Coordinate and occasionally procure point-of-sale materials and promotional items for events.
- Work market with sales reps, sales managers, and supplier partners.
- Craft and deliver presentations on products, points of differentiation, price, and positioning.
- Coach reps on brand intrinsics, standards, shelf/backbar placement, cost per ounce/GP calculation, etc.
- Understand the sales trends and business practices of all customers in your territory.
- Maintain up-to-date sell sheets, contact lists, account sheets, and sales trackers.
- Provide accurate and detailed daily/weekly/monthly preplans and sales reports.
- Have a willingness to work independently, on a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry preferred.
- A strong understanding of wine and spirits is a must.
- Budget management and gross profit calculation experience.
- Skilled at planning and coordinating all aspects of event management.
- Must have a flexible work schedule and be able to respond to the demands of the marketplace by planning time and activities to achieve company objectives.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver license, vehicle and a responsible Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must live in the same state as the assigned territory.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
- Requires professional presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong Analytical, Critical-thinking, and Problem-solving skills.
- Proven organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Creative and out-going.