Company: Breakthru Beverage
Location: Tampa, FL
The Vice President, Market Operations (East Region) is responsible for leading the development of tools and processes and implementing standardization across markets. They will enhance safety, quality and productivity to drive high performance levels and service. This team will further refine processes with the goal of improving service and reducing costs. Given the transformative nature of this mandate, this role will spend significant time in the assigned distribution centers, setting the foundation for operational knowledge.
Furthermore, this role will be responsible for setting standards, building capabilities and then instilling a continuous improvement philosophy. All of this in conjunction with getting the business units more focused on driving operations to high levels of performance.
- Drive Warehouse Standardization and Improvement
- Develops and implements standardized tools, processes and methodologies for enhancing safety, quality, warehousing and transportation productivity.
- Standardize the approach to material handling, inventory management, slotting and shrinkage.
- Redefine current processes to improve service and reduce costs.
- Drive Transportation Productivity
- Establish and monitor the appropriate metrics for fleet utilization and productivity.
- Develop optimal routing solutions to provide a consistent delivery experience for the customer, while yielding the planned savings with full market reroutes.
- Relationship and Leadership
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships with Regional Presidents, Market Executive Vice Presidents, Director of Operations and their teams.
- Visit Distribution Centers in their markets to ensure strong foundation of operational knowledge.
- Will set standards, build capabilities and instill a continuous improvement philosophy in local markets to drive high levels of performance.
- Work closely with market leadership to provide a consistent delivery experience for the customer while yielding the planned savings with full market reroutes.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience at a large distributor or manufacturing company with its own sizeable distribution and logistics footprint, likely DSD.
- Experience with leadership roles in supply chain management/logistic services as well as distribution/transportation, and customer facing experience.
- Travel of up to 75% required.
- A champion for change and transformation in Operations.
- Demonstrated ability developing relationships with multiple markets and managing others to a high level of performance.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and deliver budgeted results while maintaining safety, quality and exceptional service.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Customer service focused leader, able to foster team culture of customer responsiveness and continuous improvement.