Company: Martignetti Companies
Location: Taunton, MA
With continued growth, Martignetti Companies is seeking an AVP, Payroll and Benefits, to join their HR team. In this role, you will oversee total rewards (payroll and benefits), manage and monitor administrative costs of the company’s systems and programs, and recommend alternative business-aligned solutions, process improvements and special projects. As the AVP, Payroll & Benefits, you will report to the VP, HR.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct market research and analyze benefits programs, competitors and new program offerings to improve existing benefits packages and create cutting-edge strategies.
- Organizing company-wide benefits needs assessments and surveys, analyze results and develop various employee benefits programs, such as retirement plans, life insurance, medical insurance, etc.
- Communicate and negotiate with various total reward, compensation and benefits providers to identify vendors and solutions suitable for the company’s employees and cost-effective for the business.
- Oversee the implementation and administration of total rewards and compensation programs.
- Ensure that all benefits programs comply with company policy and relevant state and federal regulations in alignment with fully or self-insured governance.
- Create proposals for the annual benefits budget and present them to the leadership team.
- Maintain good working relationships with benefits providers, consultants, brokers and auditors.
- Set up and maintain functional payroll systems, identify improvement and efficient opportunities across the business.
- Audit payroll and approve payroll transactions to ensure all amounts and payment dates are accurate.
- Ensure labor legislation, multi-state payroll processing, employee insurance and tax laws are compliant.
- Collaborate with Finance, Accounting and HR teams to report material changes, costs and forecasts.
- Coordinate and partner with compliance and legal teams to execute internal and external compliance audits.
- Lead and manage special projects, implementation of new systems and programs and successful change management.
- Drive a culture of strong internal customer service with a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Proven experience of at least eight years managing teams and leading the Payroll and Benefits function.
- Hands-on experience with payroll and benefits software like Paylocity and Bswift.
- Knowledge of best practices in processing multi-state payroll, payroll taxation, garnishments, disability and workers’ compensation insurance, including oversight of open enrollment and all benefits programs and plans.
- Significant experience in payroll management and benefits.
- Advanced Excel, V lookups, complex calculations, simulations, graphing and data visualization.
- In-depth knowledge of labor legislation, tax regulations and benefits compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of U.S. retirement savings regulations, with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing 401(k) and Pension program initiatives.
- A high level of discretion and integrity when handling sensitive employee information.
- BS or Master’s in Human Resources Management or Finance.
- MBA or Master’s in Accounting is a plus.