Company: Columbia Distributing
Location: Klamath Falls, OR
The District Manager directly and indirectly oversees the execution of the sales goals in their territory. They provide guidance and supervision to Sales Representatives and Sales Associates.
- Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly, and annual business objectives and company initiatives.
- Manage inventory expenses in accordance with company policy.
- Administer, educate, and train employees to ensure the execution of company goals and priorities.
- Interact respectfully and maintain dialog with inter-company departments, suppliers, and customers.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all decision makers in each account.
- Reports and numbers for sales team.
- Ride along- monthly calendar.
- Submit all required reporting, preplans, trackers, surveys, market surveys (MVPs), expense report, mileage log, etc.
- Create reset opportunities and develop retail promotions appropriate to customer base.
- Effectively sell, rotate, and merchandise the Columbia Distributing portfolio in all assigned accounts.
- Manage promotions and distributions in assigned accounts monthly as required.
- Grow net core brand distribution over baseline throughout the year.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge: beer, non-alcoholic, food journals, trends, market share, etc.
- Monitor competitive activity and communicate strategies.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Minimum visibility in all accounts needs to be equal to or greater than competition.
- Minimum MVP standards in eighty percent (80%) of accounts surveyed.
- Above MVP standards in twenty percent (20%) of accounts surveyed.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve maximum potential.
- General knowledge of industry products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with an AS400 system.