Company: Breakthru Beverage Group
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The primary focus of the retail National Accounts Manager is to maximize the sales and marketing of supplier brands. This role will support national chains through effective field level planning, selling, merchandising, execution, compliance and communication therefore enhancing the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- Market Field
- Maintain national account regional/state level relationships
- Understand competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts
- Support BBG market level sales teams as a training and information resource. Present and share chain account strategies, marketing plans, trends and industry knowledge
- Assist event marketing manager by helping to organize and execute events and brand promotions to maximize brand visibility
- Market Communication
- Drive customer strategy execution at the field level by effective communication of marketing plans, alignment on execution expectations and knowledge of the region and BBG markets.
- Establish selling & merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for chain(s) by understanding company/supplier priorities and BBG region/markets.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Identify local sales and marketing opportunities and gaps that can be commercialized by the customer to benefit BBG and our suppliers.
- Facilitate, prepare and present (in-person and via phone) market level pricing, new or expanded item presentations and regional programs. Support the efforts of the National Accounts Sr. Director presentations to the chain, by balancing the company’s and supplier priorities and customers’ needs.
- Understand regional/market level pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Maintain professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier planning meetings, regular communication and surveys.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years sales experience
- A minimum of 2 years in National/Regional, or large local chain account sales in the Adult Beverage industry or related experience is required.
- A sound understanding of wine and spirits and the three-tier system is required
- Willingness to travel 25%
- PC literacy with Microsoft Office programs
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and influence people