Wholesaler: Martignetti Companies
Location: Taunton, MA
This position is responsible for all aspects of the company’s regional spirits business – including sales, profitability, inventory, strategic planning, supplier communication and relations. It will direct the efforts of all sales divisions to achieve their respective spirits sales and margin goals. This position will set executional standards and hold all divisional VP’s accountable for the results while working within the company’s budget and inventory parameters. The Senior VP -Spirits will work closely with all suppliers to develop a comprehensive spirits strategy while coordinating and standardizing all divisional sales activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Development and execution of all company spirits sales initiatives. Drives sales goal attainment.
- Achieve spirits profit contribution and margin objectives by implementing effective pricing strategies and managing expenses
- Interact and direct the activities of all spirits related divisional VP’s, portfolio managers, sales managers, sales reps and suppliers
- Effectively lead and develop divisional VP’s
- Manage supplier negotiations -goals, pricing, investments, contracts and inventory
- Develop strong supplier relationships and participate in all key supplier meetings
- Building a high performing sales organization through the enhancement and standardization of processes and programs.
- Develop strong and influential sales presentations
- Oversee the process to hire, train, direct and coach all spirits sales personnel
- Participate in the Sales VP meetings
- Provide President with comprehensive monthly report package, highlighting actual performance vs. plan, opportunities, priorities, etc.
- Possess strong strategic planning skills and has a proven capacity to align functional strategies to overall business objectives
- Strong leadership, accountability and influencing skills
- Ability to coordinate efforts of others to achieve desired results
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Creative thinking- unconventional approach to problem solving
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in all Martignetti Companies Business Intelligence and Reporting Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to educate and train both groups and individuals
- Strong budget management skills required
- Ability to travel for meetings, presentations, trainings and events
- 4 Year College Degree required
- Excellent understanding of sales and portfolio management, financial and budget management, sales analysis and strategy implementation
- 15+yr experience within wine and spirit industry
- Documented track record of sales success
- Candidate must possess valid Massachusetts driver’s license and registration