Location: Denver, CO
Responsible for street execution of sales initiatives, the training and development of Sales Representatives as well as executing all sales/promotional programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
- Develops, trains and directs sales reps to achieve sales goals, and placement objectives and to ensure company standards are met.
- May conduct strategic sales negotiations with key accounts.
- Sets up schedules and appointments to obtain new accounts and to service existing accounts.
- Surveys market area to detect business trends and opportunities for new products or new applications for existing products.
- Ensures execution of team quotas and orders.
- Assists in the development of sales forecasts. Plans for sales activities by forecasting conditions, defining objectives and strategies and securing resources.
- Controls and manages sales performance by measuring and reporting results, evaluating and correcting performance and administering policies and procedures.
- Organizes team by structuring the territories, delegating work, and staffing positions.
- Provides leadership in making decisions, developing personnel, communicating with and motivating staff.
- Plans and executes sales and promotional activities that effectively counter competitive trends by establishing goals for individual territories, and distribution standards for brands.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of competition.
- Conducts weekly sales meetings for the purpose of disseminating supplier information, product and sales training and to obtain feedback on the effectiveness, efficiency and relevance of the sales and promotional activities.
- Prepares and maintains required paperwork, reports and records.
- Manages selling expenses to authorized levels.
- Manages territory when a sales rep is on vacation.
- Prepares and executes appropriate promotions.
- Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional activities and other account activities.
- Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; one to two years related experience, preferably management work with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (i.e. such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, in addition to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Requires a current, valid state driver’s license
- Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company.
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License – Texas)
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tools & Technology:
- Tools: Desktop computers; Notebook computers; Personal computers; Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers; Tablet computers.
- Technology: Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software