Location: Houston, TX
Supervises open trade and chain account remittances to ensure they are accounted for in a timely manner. Assist the Accounts Receivable Manager as directed in the day-to-day department management by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned):
- Supervise accounts receivable collection process for all major chain accounts and open trade accounts.
- Monitor daily reconciliation of chain accounts receivable deposits and cash application.
- Research’s and resolves account discrepancies with chain account and open trade customers.
- Review customer-aging reports on a monthly basis in order to identify problematic accounts. Monitor accounts and makes collection calls on outstanding invoices, and handle disputed invoices.
- Prepare monthly residual balance report for upper management.
- Research customer account inquiries from sales departments and upper management.
- Handle special projects as assigned by upper management and various other duties, as assigned.
- Supervises designated Accounts Receivable Clerks for open trade and chain accounts along with the Cashiers and File Clerk and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school preferred; five years or more related experience, preferably three to five years accounting or accounts receivable and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations), write routine reports and correspondence, and to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions (in mathematical or diagram form), and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Oracle’s order to cash software, Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Not Applicable.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tools & Technology: Calculators or accessories; Facsimile Machines; Notebook Computers; Photocopiers; Scanners. Accounting software; Document management software; Electronic mail software; Internet browser software; Project management software