Wholesaler: Young’s Market Company
The Division Manager of Merchandising will plan, organize and direct the execution of company and supplier programs and objectives through assigned field sales and merchandising team to ensure effective service and presentation of supplier brands to the retail Merchandising customers and consumers while communicating effectively with management.
- Plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned sales merchandising team to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives.
- Utilize available resources to maximize results within area of responsibility.
- Work in the field with sales merchandising team a minimum of four full days a week.
- Analyze program execution and plan work-with schedule based upon needs.
- Organize the structure and utilization of their direct reports in assigned areas to ensure achievement of company and supplier programs and objectives by:
- Attract, develop and retain sales merchandising team.
- Coordinate and monitor the schedules of their sales merchandising team to concentrate on in-field activities.
- Coordinate classroom training of new and current sales merchandising team.
- Ensure that the structure of all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
- Skillfully direct assigned sales team as necessary to ensure the achievement of company and supplier sales and merchandising objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction in the field while maintaining brand standards.
- Convey knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Have extensive knowledge of the brands and knowing in-depth features and benefits of each compared to the competition and convey that information to their sales merchandising team.
- Conduct field training of new and current sales merchandising team in accordance with the company’s Sales Execution Training program.
- Correct specific sales merchandising team performance deficiencies through individual counseling, training and/or motivating actions.
- Develop and maintain control books for each direct report.
- Conduct meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies and procedures to assigned sales merchandising team.
- Follow and demand that assigned personnel adhere to the federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the sale of alcohol beverage products.
- Impart knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales team.
- Establish and maintain productive supplier and customer relationships including the ability to influence key retailers.
- Monitor pricing and programming within respective area of responsibility.
- Communicate all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
- Submit required or requested reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
- Maintain reliable and up-to-date sales performance and personnel records.
- This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and Senior Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- Supervisory experience in beverage alcohol industry highly preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position further requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions or groups of managers, customers, and employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position will require the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. This position will also require the ability to supply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical, conflict management and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of successful sales and management skills.
- Ability to work with management, direct reports and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- Ability to train and develop sales representatives.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Sales Function: Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function and sales information systems.
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
- Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account