Young’s Market Company
The VP, Client Services role will be the key point of contact with the supplier by developing a solid relationship, helping to establish goals and managing to those expectations. You will also help to develop brand plans and programs, set up targeted processes to track these programs, and ensure that the communication is fluid with all stakeholders for consistency and maximum service execution.
- Work directly with suppliers to develop annual plans to support goals
- Develop programs by working jointly with the supplier that ‘win in the market place’
- Solicit supplier funding and resources for programming support
- Update and track plans and programs as needed for effectiveness
- Act as the single voice to the supplier and solve issues before it reaches into the organization
- Develop a consistent process for regular communication with the supplier both spoken and written
- Be an active participant in supplier meetings, brand workshops and in the field
- Ensure business stewardship services throughout the Young’s system
- Lead and effectively communicate brand priorities, objectives and programs with Customer & Execution Team and other internal key stakeholders
- Ensure that the communication is clear and concise so that all stakeholders have the necessary information to make decisions and execute
- Be a strong advocate for the supplier brands, but remember you are on the ‘Young’s Team’
- Develop a standardized format, agenda items, attendees list, schedule and conduct all major review meetings
- Work jointly with the supplier set clear brand priorities and objectives
- Ensure goal development and rationalization with the supplier
- Ground ‘un-agreed’ goals with the Commercial Team
- Break goals down to the state and channel levels with the Commercial Team
- Work directly with states on amendments to goals and ensure consensus
- Additional duties may be assigned
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university is preferred.
- Ten years of equivalent experience in an Alcohol Beverage leadership position.
- Brand leadership role managing the full scope of the client relationship, preferred.
- Must hold or have previously held a director-level position or above
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. This position also requires the ability to effectively present information to top management, groups of managers, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Demonstrated experience in client and brand management developing and executing strategic programing.
- Must have excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues and customers throughout the business and industry at every level to execute strategic objectives.
- Must have the ability to use software and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- Must be a highly self-motivated individual with strong analytical and pro-active problem solving skills.