Location: IN – Indianapolis
Responsible for street execution of sales initiatives, the training and development of District Managers and Sales Representatives as well as executing all sales/promotional programs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, recommends and implements strategies, objectives, policies and plans for the division’s sales and profit objectives.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Travels the sales territories to monitor field activities and gain perspective of current market conditions.
- Recommends advertising campaigns and performance incentive programs for the sales department.
- Identifies and communicates to the marketing department new product development and revisions of existing product lines.
- Develops and administers the budget for the sales program. Evaluates and controls performance to plan.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships within the marketplace.
- Engages in the more difficult negotiations to develop new business and to resolve the more critical problems affecting the sales program.
- Plans and develops various aspects of sales meetings.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; three or more years related experience, of which two to three years management work with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations), write routine reports and correspondence, and to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn. Other technology used in this occupation: customer relationship management CRM software and data base user interface and query software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires a current, valid state driver’s license
- Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License – Texas)
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.