Breakthru Beverage Group
Location: Stratford, CT
The Account Development Specialist (ADS) will develop and utilize selling techniques and skills to promote all required brand sales.
This position will be responsible to liaise with retail and restaurant store owners/managers and is responsible for all management of the portfolio and driving growth in a dedicated supplier account base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scope:Position works with all levels of key retailers/restaurateurs and CDI management for assigned accounts as it relates to merchandising, selling and training. Overall service responsiveness to accounts utilizing effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills, use of sound judgment, and effective analyzing of data.Role:
- Selling: Drive brand building for key and dedicated suppliers.
- Merchandising: Responsible for performing store visits with the frequency outlined by manager for top accounts in marketplace.
- Strong Customer Service: Building relationships and goodwill with the trade and distributors through tastings and education.
- Planning and Reporting: Responsible for daily account visits and a pre-plan of activities. Daily recap of results and accomplishments to manager and/or director. Build account portfolio awareness inside and outside the target universe.
- Training and Development: Maintain an up-to-date awareness on supplier product information, merchandising standards, promotions, advertising, and industry trends. Maintain supplier internal training.
- Sales Representative & Field Sales Management support: Provide guidance and assistance with brand-related priorities (lists, events, dinners). Provide feedback and expertise for accounts outside of respective territory to assist sales representatives to develop, grow and be the subject matter expert for brand knowledge.
- Grow account volume and revenue; Identifying High, Medium and Low distribution and creating relevant action plans.
- Achieve branded placement objectives for both On and Off Premise with effective pricing, POS and positioning.
- Increase velocity of sales of brands within targeted accounts through successful implementation of brand and portfolio initiatives.
- Provide staff training on new placements as well as to increase sales of existing products as directed through marketing activities and events, conducting and managing consumer tastings (both formal and informal), brand promotions and experimental events
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- Maintains key accounts, by effectively communicating marketing plans, maintaining relationships with influencers (bartenders and promoters), presenting new products and cocktail and wine list offerings, and conducting business reviews as prescribed by management.
- Produces wine, and cocktail lists by working with CENTIV or in house graphic department.
- Determines specific needs of individual accounts by analyzing account and surveying for opportunities.
- Establishes merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for each account by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier.
- Supports sales representatives as a training and information resource by presenting and sharing account trends and brand knowledge.
- Facilitates accounts visits, dinners for dignitaries and supplier representatives by scheduling and preparing accounts to meet the expectations of suppliers and management.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling new products, well and back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists and promotions.
- Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands throughout account base by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits.
- Understands company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Educates account staff on priority brands by administering instructional staff training seminars.
- Assists event-marketing manager by helping to organize and execute events and brand promotions to maximize brand visibility.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSET, FOCUS MARKETING, Ipad).
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work-with sales calls.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Knowledge:Strong knowledge of beverage alcohol industry to include:
- Compliance laws
- Regulations and overall wholesaler interface in managing the Spirits portfolio
- Minimum 2 years’ experience required in either Supplier or Distributor positions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with Sales/Marketing Concentration or related work experience.
- Ability to build displays and or service accounts in a highly professional manner within company standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to analyze information and make recommendations.
Ability to work independently with a high degree of energy, attention to detail and a positive attitude. Bi-lingual – Spanish a plus.