Wholesaler: Empire Distributors
Location: Wilmington, NC
Represents Empire Distributors, Inc. and its brands to food and beverage establishments. Sells beer, wine and non-alcoholic products to taverns, hotels, restaurants, cocktail lounges, bowling alleys and other businesses by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service and maintain current accounts with orders and provide prompt, courteous customer service.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites and other sources.
- Prepares monthly planning and goals and tracks as necessary or required.
- Conduct Sales review with accounts.
- Place orders and follows up to ensure the best customer service is provided.
- Maintains existing accounts and provides customer service in accordance with EDI’s customer service philosophy and standards.
- Schedule product promotions and wine dinners.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers at the on premise place of business or by phone.
- Sustains the minimum number of sales calls as determined by District Manager.
- Handles damaged and off-condition product.
- Distribute, track and display various Point of Sale items.
- Quotes prices and prepares sales orders. Assist in credit terms for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s delivery schedules.
- Confers with District Manager to resolve customer problems.
- Works with Customer Service Representative and Operations employees to assure the best service is provided to our customers. Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Attends trade shows.
- Rides with suppliers to showcase brands and increase sales.
- Focuses on “Building Brands and Developing People”
- Maintains frequent and open communication with drivers, driver supervisors, district manager, sales managers and the general manager.
- Continually maintains training and product knowledge.
- Delivers emergency orders when needed.
- Conducts business according to local and state laws.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Associate’s degree equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Sales experience and fine wine & beer knowledge is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have the ability to sustain a current and valid Alcohol Sales Permit issued by the State of North Carolina ABC Commission. Valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle insurance reflecting company standards.