Wholesaler: Young’s Market Company
Location: Waipahu, Oahu, Hawaii
Summary: To plan, organize, direct and promote the execution of company and supplier programs to achieve optimum sales volume and ensure effective presentation of our suppliers’ brands to all the company’s customers, and to strengthen the image of our supplier brands. Work with all suppliers, key account managers and IT professionals as necessary to develop business tools to enhance the decision making process. Gather marketplace data; assist route supervisors and key account managers to lead in their respective marketplace and to ensure the proper training of sales representatives while communicating effectively to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned):
- District managers are expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of assigned key account managers, supervisors and sales representatives to ensure the continuing achievement of company and supplier sales objectives.
CATEGORY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- District managers are expected to understand the principles of category management and utilize the approach to produce consumer focused marketing plans.
SALES MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILIES
- District managers are expected to have the ability to develop an effective partnership with all assigned chain buyers and young’s market non-alcoholic suppliers.
- Requires 2-3 years experience in sales role.
- Must have a strong focus on customer service and proven communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before managers, customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be computer literate including MS Office suite.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and clean DMV record.