Wholesaler: Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
Location: Miramar, FL
Transatlantic Wine & Spirits is a dedicated selling division of Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits representing Bacardi, Patron, Stillhouse and Illegal Mezcal across 44 states and Canada, as well as Heaven Hill in a select number of markets.
The Director of Commercial Strategy provides critical project management and analytical support to the corporate and divisional leaders within Transatlantic. Assignments will include a mix of ongoing and project-based activities in which the Director will be working within specified timelines towards clearly defined deliverables. Specifically, and as part of an initial project, the Director will be responsible for leading and supporting the roll-out of a Joint Business Planning (JBP) process and platform across the Transatlantic selling division and acting as the primary Subject Matter Expert while working directly with our supplier partner (BUSA), Transatlantic market leadership, SGWS Enterprise Technology Partners (ETP), SGWS Operations and consultants as necessary to ensure the process and platform is properly rolled-out, sustained and improved. The Director supports overall commercial effectiveness by providing thought leadership, process and platform design enhancements and field feedback. The Director may also be tasked with designing and generating financial and operational models and reports, developing solid analyses and insights into the drivers of trends.
The Director will report to the SVP of Commercial Strategy though daily activities will require work in a highly-collaborative team environment with our supplier partners, Transatlantic management teams, SGWS ETP and Operations among other organization functions and teams. As we identify and execute business improvement opportunities, the Director will have the unique opportunity to work with seasoned business professionals to develop analytical, problem-solving and communication skills in a dynamic and exciting industry. This position could also serve as a stepping stone to a management position within Transatlantic or another function or division within the company.
- Program/project management:Independently balance, manage and deliver multiple project accountabilities, ensuring clear project definitions upfront (e.g., project scope, objectives, workstreams, resources, timelines, communication and challenges).
- Research and problem-solving support: Conduct ad hoc and ongoing research—using structured problem-solving/insights—for projects related to Transatlantic strategic initiatives.
- Communication and presentation support:Design and develop PowerPoint decks and associated talking points to effectively communicate findings.
- Executive analytical support:Structure analyses needed to drive business decisions (including defining logic, business rules and assumptions). Deliver analyses and insights employing a variety of and business intelligence tools to identify, extract and analyze data.
- Results tracking:Continuously track project benefits, providing regular (monthly) status reports to Transatlantic leadership, our supplier partners and SWS and Glazer’s leadership.
- Education:Bachelor’s degree required and MBA (or other, relevant advanced degree) is preferred.
- Experience:Several years of relevant work experience in management consulting and/or corporate strategy/development work is required. Commercial, marketing, supplier/supplier-facing and/or customer relations experience in the wine and spirits industry is a plus.
- Project management skills:Must possess ability manage complex cross-functional initiatives with a solid project/stakeholder management tool-kit. Must demonstrate the ability to take the initiative, pro-actively look for solutions, work and manage projects within tight deadlines, and communicate to project leadership any challenges/issues in a clear and timely fashion.
- Analytical/problem-solving skills:Must demonstrate strong critical thinking capabilities and problem-solving skills. Must be comfortable interpreting and working with large amounts of data. Must demonstrate a structured, analytical thought process. Accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
- People and team skills:Must have sufficient self-confidence, poise and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team, to take part in professional discussions and to liaise with senior executives on a regular basis. Also, must be able to sustain performance under conditions of stress, such as tight deadlines and detailed questioning. Must demonstrate ability to be a team player and quick learner in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Communication skills:Must possess outstanding oral and written communication capabilities.
- Commitment: Must demonstrate commitment to getting the job done. Hours will vary on a weekly basis dependent on workload and project deadlines.
- Computer skills: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; understanding of SQL and S&OP platforms (e.g., Steelwedge, Anaplan, etc.) is a plus.
- Location:Must be willing to reside in South Florida, and travel when required.