Wholesaler: Young’s Market Company
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The SVP of Portfolio Management, Pricing and Strategy will be responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring and prioritizing (annual, trimester and monthly) the strategic planning and analysis of the Arizona market to achieve corporate and supplier objectives for all channels of trade. The incumbent will report directly to the EVP/GM of Arizona. A core responsibility will be to provide tools that enable the front-line teams to execute sales plans and programming with excellence. This role is a key point of contact and requires open communication with the SVPs of Chains/Off Premise, SVP on Premise and the EVP of Arizona to drive profitable growth within the region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
Organizing and Planning for Profitable Growth
Is expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned direct reports to ensure the achievement of company and supplier sales, distribution and profit objectives by:
PORTFOLIO AND CLIENT PLANNING
- Lead, plan and build effective programming to ensure market share growth, supplier goal attainment and achievement of annual revenue and gross profit goals across all trade channels.
- Drive organizational alignment across channels, to prioritize monthly sales activities based on company prioritization guidelines ensuring the coordination and execution on key programs.
- Lead and execute the planning and implementation of strategic pricing scenarios to maintain effective pricing programs relevant to competitive set while maximizing profitability.
- Ensure brand priorities are communicated and tracked on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Build and maintain relationships with key senior level leadership across all suppliers.
- Negotiate and drive supplier performance relative to: annual volume goals, KPI goals and key programs. Leverage the corporate Client Leadership goal tracking system, when permittable.
- Manage and coordinate the development of year-long supplier planning calendars.
- Proactively track and report on inventory levels ensuring sales results for all programs.
- Partner with the Customer Leadership Team, when permittable, to leverage the small client planning process.
- Rationalize brands based on performance and portfolio fit.
- Manage and build annual plans and programs to achieve market share, supplier, revenue and gross profit goals across all trade channels.
- Partner with the Commercial Leadership team, when permittable, to lead the rolling sales and operating planning process to ensure that brand priorities are tracked, financial implications understood and forecasting for procurement is accurate.
TRADE CHANNEL PLANNING
- Partner with the AZ and HQ chain teams to build rolling customer plans.
- Lead and build trimester chain merchandising plans to include all key client activities.
- Lead and builds trimester and monthly GM execution plans to include all key client activities.
RESOURCING THE PLAN
- Leverage the client strategy and market factors to continually update the YMCO pricing framework and maintain guidelines ensuring channel pricing integrity, competitiveness and margins.
- Oversee the use of client Local Marketing Funds and other internal banks.
- Utilize Commercial Leadership’s Marketing Pools process, when permittable, for Arizona.
ENABLING THE FRONT LINE
- Lead the implementation of the client incentive process and assist, when permittable, with building Oracle incentive module with the Commercial Leadership Team.
- Disseminate tools to facilitate the sales representative process use Client Leadership monthly sales bulletin process, on an as needed basis, for Arizona.
- Lead P&L Gap ID and Re-Planning routine for adjusting the plan.
- Lead Client-Stewardship Routine for engaging client to ensure that plans are achieved.
- Leverage the Client Leadership Goal Admin and Tracking process tool, when permittable, to assess issues and identify opportunities.
- Lead the aged inventory reduction process.
Is expected to organize the structure and utilization of employees to ensure that all positions are appropriately staffed to achieve company and supplier objectives by:
- Manage team performance ensuring employees have a clear understanding of how to establish sales programs and strategies.
- Train and develop employees in the programs and procedures of the company.
- Provide leadership and coaching to attain the commitment and motivation of employees.
- Ensure employees adhere to the federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the sales of alcoholic beverage products.
- Educate suppliers on Young’s planning tools and timelines.
- Build partnerships between Pricing/Portfolio teams and Sales/Execution teams to ensure alignment on brand priorities, volume goals, activation programs and YMCo profit guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field.
- 8+ years of Portfolio Management and/or Marketing/Sales experience in progressively responsible roles.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of supplier and distribution tiers of the Wine & Spirits industry.