Wholesaler: Columbia Distributing
Location: Kent, WA
1. Understand, develop and implement strategic quantity discount pricing models for on premise, off premise and chain channels. Process leave of absence questions and requests and track all data input and changes.
2. Ability to negotiate price increases, decreases and discounting with suppliers to ensure maximum profitability for YMCO. Participate in recruiting efforts as necessary to ensure staffing levels are maintained.
3. Manage retail pricing landscape for all channels of trade to protect brand equity.
4. Ensure pricing integrity across all channels of trade statewide.
5. Responsible for identifying and researching cost and funding discrepancies with suppliers and taking corrective action to resolve.
6. Accountable for ensuring supplier gross profit margin meets or exceeds company acceptable standards.
7. Work with VP Pricing to initiate and drive gross profit directional discussions with suppliers to improve profitability.
8. Provides accurate and concise information to the data entry specialist for input into the system.
9. Ensures clear and timely communication of all pricing updates to sales force.
10. Work with purchasing department to ensure proper inventory levels are on hand and communicate updates and issues to sales team.
11. Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and others you come into contact with through your job.
Education/Training: BA in mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, business or other related field.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years professional experience, preferably in the beverage or grocery industry, including 3 years of management experience.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence with and without formal authority.
- Strong project management skills required, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience supporting business decisions with fact based business cases and analysis.
- Highly analytical thinker with the ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Advanced Excel skills especially in the areas of modeling and forecasting.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.