Wholesaler: Southern Glazer’s
Location: Columbus, OH
Provide reporting, analytic review and support to members of the BI, Commercial Strategy, Commercial Sales and Commercial Operations teams to assist in evaluating the effectiveness of route-to-market strategies, business intelligence tools and applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
Reporting Execution and Program Tracking
- Input corporate and supplier programs into designated business intelligence applications (i.e. NSM, Goal Builder, SODs, Business Objects, etc.).
- Track, review, verify, analyze and report accurate results to Commercial leadership and/or field team in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance where applicable to identify system deficiencies and analyze problems/possible solutions.
- Support program management and execution on regional and local strategic optimization and performance improvement efforts.
Program Measurement & Evaluation
- Evaluate past program success/failure trends; use trend analysis to advise stakeholders on proposed programs.
- Provide accurate insights on live program performance and evaluate ROI on key initiatives.
- Follow established reporting and documentation standards to ensure uniformity throughout the organization.
- Provide analysis on Route-to-Market design, sales planning/execution, sales force size/coverage, org. structures, etc.
- Support performance management initiatives including compensation/incentive design, development of KPIs.
Supplier Analysis & Stakeholder Reviews
- Prepare data analysis, materials, reports, & insights for supplier meetings.
- Analyze data available to anticipate potential issues & proactively model potential solutions.
- Advise stakeholders on reporting results and provide options for strategic direction.
- Develop customer/account modeling and analysis: account segmentation, channel strategy, cost-to-serve analytics, ROI, etc.
Retail Analytics, Business Insights, CRM
- Analyze customer lifecycle & demographics to identify brand opportunities; SODs, Incentives, GoSpotCheck, CRM.
- Cross-compare customer selling opportunities with sales performance & brand challenges/initiatives.
- Analyze & identify customer-centric business growth opportunities.
Commercial Empathy & Collaboration
- Support Sales & Marketing stakeholders with a data-driven roadmap for sales execution; reporting provided is production-ready and mobile capable.
- Advise stakeholders on intelligent, mobile-friendly reporting solutions.
- Complete quarterly field sales ride-withs throughout the sales organization as needed.
- Support operational efficiencies and cost savings initiatives (e.g., supplier/SKU optimization, variable service and delivery levels/fees, etc.).
Ad-Hoc Reporting Requests
- Streamline established Business Intelligence reporting to align with standards & processes.
- Provide support to Leadership with ad hoc reporting needs and provide accurate and timely results consistent with state/region/national standards.
- Champion national analytical tools as appropriate (i.e. OneSource, Compass, SalesNav, CPR, NSM, Tableau, BO, etc.).
- Create ad-hoc queries & reports as requested and provide on-going analytical support for these requests.
- Convert existing reporting tools to a standardized reporting infrastructure.
- Two plus years of experience in a corporate business analyst role.
- Proficient in SharePoint and all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and able to build presentation and business cases.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to organize priorities and work under deadlines while producing a high-quality result in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; commensurate education and experience will be considered Two to Five years of experience in the Wine & Spirits/Beverage Industry with cross functional experience.
- Knowledge of applicable state regulations and adult beverage market dynamics.
- Experience in RTM.