Diageo today announced a new DrinkIQ e-learning tool to provide consumers with info to make positive decisions about drinking responsibly and tackle myths about alcohol.
The tool is available from today on DrinkIQ.com in the U.K., U.S. and Australia, with localized versions rolling out to 20 other countries in the coming months.
The mobile-friendly online tool is the first of its kind within the alcohol industry, the company claims, using interactive learning and tests to give people information about:
- What is in your drink – including alcohol content across different types of alcohol
- What alcohol is, how it is processed and the different ways it can affect your body
- How to keep track of your alcohol intake – including tips for hosting at home, or out socializing
- How to pour a standard measure of beer, wine and spirits via an interactive exercise
- The truth about common myths around alcohol
The web tool is the latest step in Diageo’s efforts to educate consumers: the company has been providing face-to-face DrinkIQ training to groups around the world for over a decade.