Company: Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
Location: Oakland, CA
The Manager, Commercial Planning works closely with Sales, Trade Development, Site Leadership, and Finance to improve predictability and visibility of the plan and “owns” the Commercial Sales Planning process for the market, interacts with the Corporate and Region Commercial Planning team for participation and execution of enhancements to commercial planning and its governing standards, serves as the local subject matter expert, and identifies opportunities for improvement in current processes and execution.
- Develop the roadmap to instill the discipline and cultural change needed to embed commercial planning as a key enabler for the market. Scope to include SGWS AOP, supplier annual planning, sales & finance LEs, etc.
- Lead the implementation of processes, systems, and organizational development to build a robust sales and financial plan
- Lead the development, roll-up, and communication of the site commercial plan by balancing interests of multiple sales divisions and functional teams.
- Integrate Product Lifecycle Management, business strategy plans, and financial projections into the commercial planning process
- Analyze key metrics to identify and close gaps in processes or capabilities related to commercial planning
- Facilitate commercial meetings as needed to ensure all parties are aligned and all key issues and opportunities are addressed
- Incorporate benchmarking and leverage best practices with other sites to further shape and improve commercial planning processes
- Analyze operational practices of key chain accounts (where applicable) in order to improve the accuracy of sales and financial plan
- Educate and advise teams on short-term sales commits processes, mid-term sales planning management, longer-term AOP, and multi-year commercial sales and financial planning
- Ensure process standardization where applicable through all reporting divisions within the state
- Provide regional ongoing support to users for commercial sales planning tools
- Trains all stakeholders on commercial sales planning processes
Education and Experience:
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs