Company: Allied Beverage Group
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
The Assistant Director of Operations is a key leadership position in the distribution and operations organization reporting directly to the Director of Operations. Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as knowledge of warehouse operations to include inventory control, shipping and receiving operations in a Direct Sales organization. Experience in a union environment as well as warehouse automation exposure is a requirement. The Assistant Director of Operations oversees the entire operations department, including receiving, replenishment, returns and night shipping. This position is responsible for the day-to-day aspects of operations, but also plans for at least a monthly forecast to control costs and account for business interruptions.
- Planning- Ability to identify and plan for staffing requirements based on knowledge of warehousing and forecasted volume. Has the ability to make decisions based on experience in shipping, receiving and inventory control. Ensures that procedures and processes match requirements of the operation. Capability to train and implement new technology and processes while maintaining productivity. Tracks and plans for fixed and variable labor costs.
- Execution – Individual and collective accountability, reward and recognition programs, communication designed to develop leaders and frontline employees and build a desirable place to work. Complete initiatives to deliver product and provide the highest level of customer service.
- Continuous Improvement – Development and implementation of performance-based metrics in order to drive results and coach teams. Create and monitor projects for direct reports to drive improvement within the operations. Shows tangible growth and improvements in efficiency, cost and reduction of resources needed.
- Collaboration- Partners with sales, purchasing, transportation, payroll, HR and maintenance functions to identify areas of opportunities for improvements to customer service and reduction of cost. Lead multi-functional and cross-shift teams to launch and implement new products, processes and technology.
- Safety- Direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property. Provide safety instruction to personnel as needed. Report all work-related injuries immediately. Provide immediate medical attention to injured employees as necessary. Coach and develop direct reports to follow correct procedures for reporting.
Education and experience:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or Logistics Management)
- 5+ years of direct management level experience within an automated distribution environment
- 7+ years Operations management experience, including working with union labor forces
- Supply Chain Management experience
- Functional system understanding in WMS, Microsoft Office
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, and weekends only when required
- Strong Communication skills – verbal, presentation, writing
- Ability to learn and work with MHE