Company: Horizon Beverage
Location: Norton, MA
The Portfolio Manager is the company’s supplier liaison responsible for the dedicated management of all aspects of their assigned suppliers’ programs and product management. The role includes managing, coordinating and assisting in the marketing, sales execution, and financial stability of existing and assigned brands or portfolios. Responsibilities include monitoring and tracking supplier and management goals and programs; extracting and analyzing sales and program data; developing and maintaining reports that meet supplier and management reporting requirements; spending time in the field with both on and off premise accounts; providing continual communication of tracking and program analysis to the supplier, management and the sales force; coordination of supplier planning and review meetings; scheduling of tastings; product management to ensure appropriate inventory levels and pricing controls focused on achieving program objectives and competitive marketability; pricing and profit management; and A/R management.
- Work with assigned suppliers to develop programming, analyze pricing, analyze market conditions and take appropriate actions needed to attain market goals and dominance.
- Manage brands to achieve annual individual brand goals in terms of delivering profit, territory share, volume, distribution by size and market presence.
- Monitor inventory to maintain proper levels, working with appropriate HBC personnel to achieve.
- Closely monitor trade information media and resources. Dissemination of the appropriate information for tool & sales development throughout the appropriate personnel at HBC.
- Work with Division President to develop marketing strategies for existing and assigned brands.
- Closely monitor and track program spending, price support mechanisms, and budgets/grants associated with them, to maintain healthy GP and sustainable business practices
- Manage supplier accounts receivable and prompt payments of invoices
- Utilize a variety of BI tools and reporting systems to analyze pricing models and GP, including key factors behind gains/losses, and locate opportunities to improve where possible
- Responsible for seeing that all reports, compliance issues or other supplier required information is collected and provided as needed.
- Communicate all pertinent information to appropriate HBC personnel to ensure brand market plans are implemented and executed.
- Develop successful working relationships with key off and on premise accounts within the market to secure maximum presence.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
- 1-3 years related marketing and beverage industry work experience preferred.
- Strong financial background or understanding.
- Strong knowledge of wines, WSET or similar certifications preferred.