Location: Taunton, MA
Responsible for the achievement of all sales, gross profit, and inventory management objectives for their respective supplier partners while working within margin and inventory parameters set by the company. The portfolio manager is the conduit of all sales and owns all communication to the salesforce and related departments for the respective suppliers.
This position covers the state of Massachusetts.
- Negotiate and monitor initial and ongoing pricing, support, terms, samples, marketing policies, channel sales restrictions, etc. with supplier
- Collaborate with supplier managers to set monthly goals on case volume and programming goals (displays, distribution, etc.)
- Responsible for creating and implementing monthly/quarterly programs to achieve supplier FY targets
- Responsible for communicating with all sales divisions on pricing, programs, and all relevant aspects of the selling of the portfolio
- Call on key accounts with reps/managers, and solo to insure placements, volume and execution of all programs in targeted accounts
- Assume responsibility for monthly recap results of both case goals and programs
- Monitor pricing changes, review beverage journal
- Identify, develop, and support opportunities for compelling market events
- Present and develop sales plans to sales force on a bi-monthly basis
- Forecast and communicate future needs based on trends, programming, etc.
- Manage and monitor all aspects of portfolio inventory
- Provide senior management with clear communication regarding updates on sales trends, challenges, etc. on vendor by vendor and as needed basis
- Act as liaison between all departments and vendors under management – Purchasing, Warehouse and Delivery, Sales, Finance, etc.
- Manage & supervise supplier communication, accounts receivable and budgetary needs
Required Education and Experience:
- Strong communication skills, bother verbal and written
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs
- Solid product knowledge
- Knowledge of On and Off Premise Pricing Models
- Ability to use basic budgeting and forecasting methods
- Ability to program with suppliers and distributors
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five plus years in the wine/spirits business
- Candidate must possess valid Massachusetts driver’s license and registration