Company: Johnson Brothers
Location: Tampa, FL
This position is responsible for managing, developing and motivating District Manager teams, implementing sales plans, achieving company and/or supplier goals, monitoring, developing and maintaining key account relationships as well as performing various administrative duties.
- People Management:
- Support each District Managers team’s opportunity for success, providing direction, supervision, training, evaluation and development.
- Work with District Managers on personnel issues and territory alignment.
- Reinforce established work-with schedules with each District Manager; conduct coaching days in the field with District Managers and Territory Managers.
- Overall responsibility for division personnel issues and territory alignment.
- Sales Plan Implementation and Company/Supplier Goal Achievement:
- Assist in the development of sales plans, quotas, profit and supplier goals and the methods to achieve those goals.
- Regularly review sales versus goal progress and report findings.
- Assist Sales Manager in achieving a successful business plan.
- Educate staff to build/improve product knowledge.
- Work closely with supplier partners to create a positive environment and goal achievement.
- Account Relationships:
- Consistently survey market conditions to create and/or improve business.
- Maintain an active role in building key account business relationships.
- Develop and manage lists of opportunity accounts.
- Administrative Functions:
- Assist Sales Manager in providing accurate forecasting for inventory management.
- Monitor accounts receivable and follow-up with problem accounts timely.
- Abide by Company and legal policies governing the industry.
- Attend and take part in the development and preparation of meetings and presentations.
- Keep abreast of competitive information and activity.
- Properly use and care for all company property.
- Maintain a clean, safe and presentable working area and vehicle condition
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- Prior management experience in industry required.
- Prior experience working with suppliers and/or in a wholesale/distributor environment strongly desired.
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills with proven positive results required.
- An understanding of wine and spirits is required.
- Individuals with strong accounting, computer, customer service and interpersonal expertise preferred.
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- Prior experience working with Branches, Easy Bev and/or Quota Tracker a plus
- Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- The position requires the use of a personal vehicle.