Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
Location: New Orleans, LA
Position Summary Serve as the primary liaison between the local market and designated suppliers; work to develop strategic direction for supplier priorities in order to meet volume and value targets through optimal allocation of resources and adherence to brand strategy/standards.
Position Responsibilities: Essential functions include but are not limited to: Supplier Planning
- Lead Supplier Planning Initiatives, including supplier meetings, programming communication and business review/planning meeting with SGWS leadership.
- Direct the implementation of new and existing marketing initiatives utilizing various strategic platforms for the division; develops new item launch strategies.
- Proactively manage supplier adherence to the process and timelines
Program Measurement & Evaluation
- Work with Pricing, Business Intelligence, and Finance team to ensure all programs fall in line with standards regarding tracking and execution.
- Set program objectives, measure ROI with KPI scorecard.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Work with suppliers and SGWS sales leadership in creating marketing programs for use in the field; able to present new program ideas, efficiencies and obtain senior leadership buy in.
- Serve as conduit of information between Division field sales team and supplier marketing (brand and local).
- Work with sales management on contributions to sales goals and company-wide sales strategies.
- Responsible for sales, promotion, and marketing of brands by providing maximum company sales through planning, executing, follow-up, evaluation, and review.
- Assist in the delivery of marketing brand plans to sales force and management team(s) via meetings and mass email communication.
Analytics and Business Insights
- Utilize various available analytic tools to identify local market intelligence and opportunities – consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account (NAOP/ chains) dynamics, etc.
- Work with Business Intelligence team to ensure all program tracking is accurate, timely and aligns with regional and individual state reporting.
Field and Sales Interaction
- Develop and enhance relationships with the trade through participation in food/wine/industry related events.
- Survey retail outlets monthly to determine and track competing brands and wholesalers. Also to familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and accounts.
- Support POS / VAP planning and buys.
Inventory Management/ S&OP Conduit
- Align with the corporate sales and operations planning process (S&OP). Work with sales stakeholders and operations teams to manage purchasing, supplier shipment, and local delivery of assigned-supplier portfolios for incentive planning and inventory.
Pricing and Commercial Finance Conduit
- Work with pricing team to ensure brand pricing and gross profit is aligned to strategy by channel.
- Assist Commercial Finance team in the oversight of LMF funds and banks as related to local marketing and brand planning.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Three or more years of trade/customer marketing and/or sales experience.
- Proficient skills in using MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Knowledge of applicable state regulations and adult beverage market dynamics.
- Good knowledge of Commercial Finance and Pricing practices.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, coach, and lead colleagues by example in an intense and fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to work independently and achieve desired results with little direction or supervision; thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Marketing or relevant field.
- Five or more years of trade/customer marketing, sales and/or industry experience.
- Previous beverage supplier programming and price structure experience.