Wholesaler: Republican National Distributing Company
Location: Atlanta, GA
Develop SOP’s, analytics, and standardized training and education for each RNDC location, focused on cost reduction, cost avoidance, improved customer service, training and optimization of delivery and fleet operations. This position will work with local operations management regarding how they currently handle their delivery truck routing, ensuring that they are maximizing the technology that is currently available, as well as making solid business decisions regarding increasing use of delivery technology. Optimizing the current resources, ensuring DOT compliance, improving customer service, and training of current routing personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned).
- Working with local management and routing personnel to ensure the best utilization of resources to improve customer service and increase the profitability of the operation.
- Serve as the company liaison for GreenMile technology, as well as Geotab GPS/Telematics technology, to ensure the proper flow of information between the systems to the routing solution
- Identifying and giving guidance for acting upon questionable driving habits through Geotab (excessive idling, harsh braking, etc.)
- Territory Planning – ensuring we are using the most productive go to market strategy from the delivery perspective.
- Continually identify areas of opportunity for better resource utilization.
- Managing and developing consistent SOPs for CSA scores, JJ Keller system software, Driver Check and mock DOT audits.
- Prepares and maintains required paperwork, reports and records. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities
Supervisory Responsibilities: Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of distribution services, but does not have direct reporting relationships with these positions. Effectiveness and success are determined and carried out by influence, rather than authority. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from 4 year college or university; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database, spreadsheet and internet software, and word processing software. Must be highly proficient in Roadnet routing system use and maintenance (5+ years’ experience). Knowledgeable in GreenMile and Geotab software also.
- Ability to travel at an estimated frequency of 50% annually.
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
- Current state driver’s license.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.