Wholesaler: Martignetti Companies
Location: Boston, MA
Provides analysis and support for demand planning by interfacing with Portfolio Managers (Sales) and Inventory Managers (Purchasing) to interpret tactical plans by supplier, brand, and item for 360-degree communication.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with Assistant Vice President (AVP) Purchasing to develop standardized programs, procedures, and reports for application across all facets of the inbound supply chain discipline.
- Develops and processes reports that will facilitate the analysis and interpretation of sales, marketing, and inventory plans as they relate to the Company financial plan.
- Monitors and analyzes progress against plans and suggest necessary adjustments and their anticipated impact.
- Produces and analyzes regular reports for the Senior Vice President Supply Chain and Pricing Strategy, AVP Purchasing, Inventory Managers, Sales Vice Presidents, and Portfolio Managers including but not limited to: New item tracker, 90 and 180 days; Allocations by item, customer, and premise; Item Sales and Aging.
- Develops and report overstocks by division, by item monthly and suggest strategies to reduce overstock.
- Analyzes monthly inventory by age bucket, 0-90, 91-180, 181-365, 1-2, 2+; month over month to reduce aged inventory as well as any potential impact on company payables.
- Analyzes overstocked and aged inventory to ensure timely reduction and resolution at the best possible margin.
- Tracks and reports extraordinary buying requests in conjunction with the Senior Vice President Supply Chain and Pricing Strategy and the AVP Purchasing.
- Communicates to AVP Purchasing any unusual sales activity and implications on replenishment.
- Tracks the discontinued and closed out inventory as a percentage of sales by Division, Portfolio Manager.
- Evaluates Program Advisor as a tool to analyze program effectiveness by division, by vendor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform and understand complex data analysis
- Ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to perform and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong initiative and sound decision making and problem skills
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years’ supply chain experience including program design, supplier supports and funding preferred.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint