Wholesaler: Martignetti Companies
Location: Taunton, MA
- Drive sales, distribution, and brand growth of an independent wine & spirits portfolio in South West division. Identify and service core markets, key accounts, and regional chains. Establish broker and distributor relationships, working with local sales teams to drive sales, increase distribution, and build the brands in the portfolio. Develop and execute strategic brand plans including price positioning, broker incentives, on and off premise programming, focus brands, and quarterly key performance indicators. Set and achieve distribution and case sales goals by market and distributor. Manage brand projects and trade shows, budgeting, budget reconciliation, billing, inventory, and ordering. Perform on-going business and competitive analyses, provide findings and recommendations for corrective action where appropriate. Participate in ongoing brand training.
- Field work with distributor sales personnel to sell and promote the products. Activities will include assisting the distributor in sales execution, presentation of marketing materials, shelf management, retail pricing & promotions, display positioning, and properly managing inventory to ensure correct on hand to support activity.
- Uses financial and quantitative information effectively to manage the territory; responsible for revenue, profitability, local marketing expenses and T&E.
- Distributor management to present new items, monitor pricing, and develop price promotions, incentives, trade blitz, vendor market visits and addressing any inventory issues.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts including national chain regional buyers
- Present and sample at the distributor sales meeting, when necessary.
- Ensure the distributor partners have all current sales support materials.
- Communicate to the Western Division Manager during structured 1 on 1
- Communicate through weekly reports, as needed, to all parties (Vision W&S, Distributor personnel) on trade activity, follow up, and assignment of responsibility of follow up.
- Analyze distributor inventory and purchase order pattern through depletion reports and customer distribution reports to ensure adequate inventory levels.
- Monitor and analyze accounts sold information for each portfolio; develop and track target account lists and distribution goals to maximize points of distribution.
- Conduct tastings (in-store, on premise, special events, distributor meetings, trade shows) and staff seminars regularly
- Participate in on-going brand training
- Proficient in marketing and selling strategies
- Ability and willingness for overnight travel as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s license
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Exceptional ability to build relationships with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and be accountable for results
- Able to command in-depth brand and product knowledge
- Exhibits a passion for wine and spirit industry
- Bachelor’s Degree, degree in Marketing and/or Communications preferred
- 10+ years of direct experience marketing and selling wine and/spirits in the beverage alcohol industry
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to lift and/or move 30 pounds up to 60 pounds repetitively