Wholesaler: Breakthru Beverage
The Senior Manager, Operations is responsible for leading Warehousing and Distribution operations. Manages members of the team in the department. Responsible for providing effective leadership while fostering a positive team environment and providing overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of organizational unit, department and/or functional area. Accomplishes business objectives by directing staff, planning, implementing and evaluating project results related to the logistic requirements of the company.
Directing process & continuous improvement efforts in the areas of quality, customer service, safety, productivity & cost reduction.
Oversees the company security program by developing and maintaining appropriate programs in conjunction with operation staff.
Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions, controlling costs, and maximizing the use of assets.
Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting assumptions and recommending objectives.
Direct facility & system maintenance activities – inspection, repair, capital improvements, new layout designs, etc.
Participate in Operations leadership meetings & conferences.
Provide oversight for all operations related activities, including receiving, conveying/sortation, loading, delivery, facility, fleet maintenance, sanitation, inventory control & returns management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent traiing and work experience.
- 5+ years managerial experience working in Warehousing or Distribution.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and organizational skills.
- Profound knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of Distribution routing software, preferably Roadnet.
- Experience with conveyor/sortation equipment
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems.
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Up to 20% travel required.
Work Conditions and Physcial Requirments:
- Frequent hand motion with answering and dialing phones and computer work.
- Occasional carrying, overhead reaching and lifting of 15 pounds to perform various duties.
- Occasional immediate reaching to perform various office duties.
- Occasional standing for short amounts of time to perform various duties.
- Occasional walking for short amounts of time to perform various duties.
- Extended sitting for long periods of time at desk or workstation.
- Minimal squatting or bending to perform various duties.
- Climb Stairs.