Wholesaler: Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Make regular sales calls to designated (on/off/combo) accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Research, organize and present sales reports/quota attainment results as required by District Manager in team or division meeting environment.
- Review customers’ credit status, collect monies owed for product and partner with Customer Assistance Department on a weekly basis to ensure accounts remain in good standing.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Conduct wait staff training seminars, execute ‘bar night’ promotions, and install point of sale pieces on tables and bars.
- Recommend, create/design wine lists, and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of the supplier(s) portfolio.
- Merchandise off-sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box and build displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine &Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel as required. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver’s license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal-oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field strongly preferred
Primary Location:United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor