Wholesaler: Columbia Distributing
Location: Kent, WA
Reports to: SVP of Business Development
Last Updated: September 17, 2018
The Director of Direct Sales’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partnering with various functional groups within Columbia to develop and implement a newly designed call center, including selection of software and hardware that integrate with Columbia’s current Route Accounting Software.
- Conducting effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people and technology)
- Partnering closely with Columbia’s Business Development and Sales teams to develop performance metrics for the call center’s day-to-day activities
- Collecting and analyzing call-center statistics to manage the department’s performance
- Build, implement, and maintain a newly designed call center, including people, process, and technology
- Establish call center metrics to drive team’s performance
- Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives, and company initiatives within the designated Direct Sales Accounts
- Administer, educate and train employees to ensure the execution of company goals and priorities.
- Interact respectfully and maintain dialog with inter-company departments, suppliers and customers.
- Provide reporting to various company functions regarding sales and call center statistics
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge regarding the call center
- Monitor competitive activity and communicate strategies.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar position, preferably in the IT industry
- Experience in customer service
- Strong sense of accountability
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve maximum potential
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures
- Experience in basic financial analysis (cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs
- Excellent organizational, time management, and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification is a plus
- General knowledge of industry products.
- Excellent communication skills, articulate with strong public speaking ability / experience and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Must Be At Least 21 Years Old