Sales Representatives are essential to Columbia Distributing’s success. Each rep is responsible for advancing and securing beverage sales in the market, performing functions to secure new business accounts and facilitating the needs of the existing sales accounts. This is accomplished through territory planning, selling, merchandising and communicating the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- Manage inventory expenses in accordance with company policy.
- Interact respectfully and maintain dialogue with inter-company departments, suppliers and customers
- Support the rotating and merchandising of product
- Complete all required training to improve performance and effectiveness
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge: beer, non-alcoholic, food journals, trends, market share, etc.
- Create opportunities and develop programs appropriate to customer base.
- Submit all required reporting, preplans, trackers, surveys, market surveys (MVPs), expense report, mileage log, etc. by the required due date.
- Effectively sell the Columbia Distributing portfolio in all assigned accounts
- Minimum visibility in assigned accounts must be equal to or greater than competition
- Increase net core brand distribution over baseline throughout the year
- Minimum MVP standards in eighty percent (80%) of accounts surveyed and above MVP standards in twenty percent (20%) of accounts surveyed
- Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives and company initiatives
- General knowledge of industry products
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
This job operates in our accounts, mostly indoors with occasional outdoor work.
- Lift, carry, push, pull up to 165 lbs.
- Use arms, wrists, hands, grasp
- Must be proficient in the use of industry tools including hand truck, six wheeler, manual pallet jack, box cutter, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, days/hours of work vary, and may include weekends.
Local travel only