CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Young’s Market Company
Location: Sacramento, CA
The Director of Inside Sales will direct, motivate, train, coach, and develop a team of Inside Sales Reps to achieve revenue, sales volume and effective relationship building with our customers. achieve established strategic sales initiatives to achieve corporate and supplier objectives for assigned market/customer and channel.
Planning – Directors of Sales are expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned personnel to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives by:
• Motivate, train, coach, and develop a team of Inside Sales Reps.
• Developing outbound calling programs and weekly/monthly programs and promotional activity, while adhering to forecast data to drive revenue growth and volume quotas.
• Establishing for assigned personnel specific, measurable and achievable objectives and benchmarks for optimum team performance compatible with company and supplier priorities.
• Maintain reliable, up-to-date sales performance KPI and personnel records.
• Submit required reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
• Knowing and analyzing supplier brands, company sales organization, the assigned market place trends, competitive wholesalers and assigned supervisory areas. Maintaining reliable, up-to-date sales performance and personnel records.Training all personnel team in accordance with the programs, and procedures, and industry knowledge of the company’s training system.
• Ensure effective prospecting, up/cross selling, pipeline development, and all sales related activities.
• Identifying on an ongoing basis distribution gaps and developing a strategy to overcome issues.
• Utilizing available resources to maximize results within area of responsibility.
Supervising – Directors of Sales are expected to direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market / customer and channel by:
• Inspire and foster a high-performing sales culture.
• Working with assigned personnel to establish sales programs and strategies.
• Providing leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all assigned personnel.
• Conducting meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies and procedures to assigned personnel Inside Sales.
Organizing – Directors of Sales are expected to organize the structure and utilization of all assigned supervisory areas to ensure achievement of company and supplier objectives by:
• Attracting, developing and thus retaining sales and management teams.
• Organizing assigned personnel schedules to concentrate on in-field activities.
• Ensuring that the structure of all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
Communicating – Directors of Sales are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and senior management by:
• Providing specific and current information on supplier, market, sales and merchandising results and/or problems.
• Formulating recommendations that will strengthen the sales and merchandising results for supplier brands.
• Submitting required reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
• Imparting knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales team.
• Maintain and develop positive business relationships with suppliers and customers, including providing them with requested business reviews and information.
• Communicating all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
• Collaborate with other departments to develop sales strategy that enhances the company’s revenue growth and volume quotas.
• Ensure Inside Sales personnel adheres to the federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the sales of alcoholic beverage products.
• Recruit and develop team who will lead the business forward.
• This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between the field, inside sales division and the company’s senior management.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
• 8 to 10 years of management experience, preferably in the beverage alcohol industry.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position will require the ability to effectively coach direct reports and communicate with customers. Additionally, this position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. This position will also require the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. This position will require the ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position will require the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. This position will also require the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position will require the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This position will also require the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills.
• Proven track record of successful sales and management skills.
• Proven track record of successful coaching and performance improvement.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work with management, direct reports, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
• The ability to train and develop assigned personnel.
• Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office environment.
• The ability to train and develop assigned personnel.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Coaching Function: Knowledge of communication styles and interpersonal interactions to understand sales rep challenges and provide proper tools, guidance, and mentorship that improves performance
• Sales Function: Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function and sales information systems.
• Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
• Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.