Wholesaler: Republic National Distributing Company
Location: TX – Grand Prairie
Directs and coordinates activities of one or more divisions and participates in formulating and developing long range goals and objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the realization of division objectives for sales and revenues. Will create and utilize comprehensive sales plans that analyze competitive trends, gains and other activities in order to devise effective counter strategies and tactics. Responsible for a healthy and productive relationship with suppliers and customers.
- Responsible for appropriate staffing, maintenance, and development of the sales organization in order to accomplish the division’s goals and objectives. Maintains a safe, healthy working environment in compliance with state, federal and local statutes. Provides a business environment conducive to professional development and career progress.
- Will organize the structure of management to ensure that the sales organization is appropriately staffed for the achievement of division and supplier sales objectives. Will create contact plans that reflect frequent sales and service calls to all accounts in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality brand representation. Contact plans will provide for appropriate territory assignment to achieve the most effective time and territory management.
- Responsible for communicating to all sales management personnel the sales goals of the organization to be established in a sales plan incorporating supplier objectives. Analyzes past sales performance data in order to develop and initiate strategies for improvement. Updates and modifies such strategies as necessary in order to maintain and maximize positive trends.
- Maintains external relationships with community and governmental entities as necessary for the successful operation of the company, i.e. public relations. Maintains internal relationships with other sales/marketing and operational departments to insure the successful operation of the company.
- Will make monthly sales forecasts in the last week of each month for the following month to be communicated to State Sales Finance Team for inclusion in the product calculations for timely procurement activities. Responsible for the timely review and evaluation of every member of the sales organization with regards to company policies and procedures, the meeting of sales goals and quotas and the facilitation of others to meet / surpass their goals / quotas. Will hold monthly sales meetings to keep the sales team informed and directed regarding strategies, supplier product developments, promotions and other pertinent issues. Will delegate the task of developing budgets and controlling selling related expenses to the sales managers for their respective teams.
- Provides guidance to statewide sales finance division concerning product pricing and gross margin strategies, provides his independent recommendations to the Senior VP and State EVP when a disparity exists between his pricing / margin conclusions and those of Sales Finance. Also ensures that product is being sold at approved prices. Will perform any other tasks outside of those listed above that are necessary to ensure the success of the branch / company and the maximization of any and all business opportunities.
- Upholds ethical practice in all the branch’s activities. Ensures that all sales personnel conduct themselves in accord with all statutes, federal state and local, governing the sale of alcoholic beverages at all times. Ensure that all sales activities are conducted in compliance with all statutes, federal, state and local, with regard to company credit regulations and procedures.
- Obtains and monitors feedback regarding customer needs and attitudes in order to update sales strategies, forecasts and projections. Ensures that all customer feedback includes complete information pertaining to the credit worthiness of the customer; that all customer accounts are current and in good standing, that proper collection activities are instituted and provides for the protection of all Republic National Distributing Company goods, delivered and unpaid.
- Manages one to five subordinate managers and may manage one to three clerical personnel and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
- Assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Masters degree from a university or equivalent preferred; four to ten years related experience, preferably five years previous management experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations), write routine reports and correspondence, and to present information and respond to questions from groups of top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts (such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry) and apply concepts (such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations).
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions (in mathematical or diagram form), and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.Advertisement
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems, related to accounting (such as AS400 / Alpha Database software, Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires a current state driver’s license
- Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements.
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
- Spanish bilingual abilities desirable.
Tools & Technology:
- Tools: Desktop computers; Notebook computers; Personal computers; Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers; Tablet computers.
- Technology: Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.