Location: Indianapolis, IN
Summary: Meets with key clients to maintain relationships, make presentations to introduce products, provide service and solve problems, negotiate and increase sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
• Conducts sales negotiations with key accounts. Sets up schedules and appointments to obtain new accounts and to service existing accounts. Fills out sales records such as expense or call and operational reports.
• Surveys market area to detect business trends and opportunities for new products or new applications for existing products. Assists in the development of sales forecasts. Plans for sales activities by forecasting conditions, defining objectives and strategies and securing resources.
• Ensures execution of team quotas and orders.
• Controls performance by measuring and reporting results, evaluating and correcting performance and administering policies and procedures. Organizes activities by structuring the organization, delegating work, defining relationships, and staffing positions. Provides leadership in making decisions, developing personnel, communicating with and motivating staff.
• Plans and conducts sales meetings.
• Prepares and maintains required paperwork, reports and records.
• Prepares and executes appropriate promotions.
• May supervise one or more Sales Representatives.
• Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional activities and other account activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; one to two years related experience, preferably management work with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (i.e. such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, in addition to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn. Other technology used in this occupation: customer relationship management CRM software and data base user interface and query software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Requires a current state driver’s license; ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements; alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License – Texas).
Other Requirements: Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.