Wholesaler: Republic National Distributing
Location: Houston, TX
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Summary: Responsible for “street execution”, the training and development of Sales Representatives as well as executing all sales/promotional programs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops, trains and directs sales reps to achieve sales goals, and placement objectives and to ensure company standards are met.
· May conduct strategic sales negotiations with key accounts.
· Sets up schedules and appointments to obtain new accounts and to service existing accounts along with Sales Representative.
· Surveys market area, quotes and orders to detect business trends and opportunities for new products or new applications for existing products.
· May assist in the development of sales forecasts and scheduling of product. Plans for activities by forecasting conditions, defining objectives and strategies and securing resources.
· Controls and manages sales performance by measuring and reporting results, evaluating and correcting performance and administering policies and procedures.
· Organizes activities by structuring the territories, delegating work, and staffing positions.
· Provides leadership in making decisions, developing personnel, communicating with and motivating staff.
· Plans and executes sales and promotional activities that effectively counter competitive trends by establishing goals for individual territories, and distribution standards for individual brands.
· Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
· Conducts weekly sales meetings for the purpose of disseminating supplier information, product and sales training and to obtain feedback on the effectiveness, efficiency and relevance of the sales and promotional activities.
· Prepares and maintains required paperwork, reports and records.
· Manages selling expenses to authorized levels.
· Manages territory when a sales rep is on vacation.
· Prepares and executes appropriate promotions.
The management of three to five subordinate Sales Representatives and Merchandisers and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical – Collects and researches data; designs work flows and procedures.
· Design – Generates creative solutions; uses feedback to modify designs; demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving – Identifies, resolves and develops alternative solutions problems in a timely manner; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
· Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
· Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
· Visionary Leadership – Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
· Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively and prepares and supports those affected by change.
· Delegation – Delegates work assignments by matching the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
· Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
· Managing People – Makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
· Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget.
· Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support – Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
· Strategic Thinking – Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Judgment – Displays willingness to make timely decisions and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
· Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives and develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
· Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous sales experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, spreadsheet, word processing software and order processing systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· TABC license if working in the State of Texas
· Current state driver’s license
· Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
· Must be able to operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis.
· Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds of product 50% of the workday. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to mechanical operations and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.