Wholesaler: Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
Location: Columbia, SC
- The Assistant Controller is responsible for monitoring, facilitating and supporting the Division in their departmental financial needs, including but not limited to, budgeting, financial analysis, proper coding and approval of check requests and invoices.
- The Assistant Controller works closely with the Controller in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly financial statements, including maintenance of balance sheet accounts and analysis of income statement categories on a monthly basis.
- Oversees the preparation and review of financial statements by analyzing department expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Manages the functions for financial accounting, payroll accounting, supplier billing and payables accounting, cost accounting, inventory and dealing with external auditing.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates staff. Directs and coordinates the preparation of financial statements, analytical metrics and all related activity.
- Ensures the correct and accurate accounting classifications of all expenditures and documents.
- Supervises the maintenance of the company accounts.
- Establishes and implements related methods, procedures and controls.
- Supervises Accounts Receivables functions, GL accounting and supplier billing.
- Responds to inquiries regarding expense and budgetary concerns.
- Reviews departmental budgets with department managers and upper management, discuss projected department budgets as required.
- Supports internal and external audit activities, as required, to ensure that auditors are provided with the necessary information to complete their audits timely.
- Responds to any audit comments or suggestions upon completion of the audit.
- Resolves internal issues by returning/acknowledging phone calls and emails in a timely manner and providing responses and resolutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting on project costs.
- Provides SGW&S corporate tax department with tax schedules both at year end and throughout the year as requested.
- Supports the online reconciliation product for the travel and expense credit card program, including serving as system administrator, oversees the running of extraction files to be processed in SAP, and providing support for cardholder inquiries. Conducts Divisional analysis.
- Makes herself/himself available for department questions, taking the time to ensure that issues are resolved to the employee’s satisfaction.
- Creates a safe environment for employees to interact, take risks, and ask questions in an attempt to maintain low levels of turnover and high levels of employee satisfaction.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting regulations and reporting procedures.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing documents.
- Must have the ability to analyze and explain complex transactions involving multiple steps.
- Proven ability to recognize necessary accounting/financial process improvements and take the necessary pro-active steps to follow-through to implementation.
- Knowledge if in-house financial system recommended.
- Critical nature if this job may require extended hours.
- Team-player, energetic, self starter, motivator.
- Adherence to company attendance policy.
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience of hour and professional staff.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills.
- CPA certificate.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP financials a plus.
- 5 or more years supervisory experience of hourly and professional staff.
Job:Accounting & Finance
Primary Location:United States-South Carolina-Columbia