Wholesaler: Breakthru Beverage
Location: Miramar, FL
The Business Analyst will be responsible for drawing conclusions and making recommendations to management on an appropriate course of action by analyzing sales data, census data, competitive information, scan data, pricing figures, industry data (such as Adams or Impact) and any other applicable sources of information. Analyses may include sales forecasting, opportunity identification and evaluation of program performance. Role also entails the development of sales templates as needed.
- Prepares materials for supplier-planning meetings by aggregating and reviewing Focus Marketing data, internal sales data, spend data, important demographic and socioeconomic developments and pricing and category trends. Attends and contributes to meetings as appropriate by providing any commentary on analyses or pulling relevant data during the meeting as necessary.
- Evaluates the potential impact of pricing modifications or prospective programming elements by reviewing pertinent sales data, research and comparable examples to forecast sales.
- Uncovers market and brand opportunities by developing an understanding of category, customer and market dynamics and using this knowledge to assess brand performance.
- Measures risk to sales plan (gap analysis) by comparing the plan to historical sales data, current trend information and marketplace developments; reports potential shortfalls to management.
- Develops sales templates; collaborates with Business Managers, Division Manager or General Sales Manager to identify business needs and designs appropriate, replicable reports. Trains administrative staff on process to recreate/run templates.
- Package data for sales materials by working with Business Manager/Marketing Director to ascertain needed information and converting data into concise facts and visuals that can be easily incorporated into sell sheets, concept sells or presentations.
- Uncovers drivers for important changes in sales performance by reviewing appropriate competitive and internal data.
- Measures ROI on selected programming by working with Business Managers and Marketing Director to determine evaluation criteria.
- Develops business review content by working with the Supplier, Business Manager and Sales Management to analyze sales performance, develop business case, and incorporate data into templates.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. FOCUS MARKETING, ANALYTICAL TRAINING).
- Maintains customer and supplier confidence by keeping appropriate information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit required.
- Financial, marketing or business analysis experience; consumer packaged goods or data provider (e.g. IRI, Nielsen) background a plus.
- Bi-lingual a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Thinks outside the box; searches for innovative solutions
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Highly fluent in Excel and relational database programs. Strong knowledge of Power Point.
- Must be a result oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, works independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.