Wholesaler: Young’s Market Company
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Director of Spirits – General Market will develop, organize, implement and process strategic and tactical sales programming tools to execute company and supplier initiatives; and to assist in achieving corporate and supplier objectives, while communicating effectively to General Market and Channel V.P. of Sales.
- Plan their own time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of their sales and management teams.
- Have knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; and the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market / customer and channel.
- Have the ability to work with assigned group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate their achievement.
- Establish priorities and maintain brand standards.
- Convey knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Have the ability to manage the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure, and overall organizational environment.
- Utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
- Impart knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales and management teams.
- Establish and maintain productive supplier and customer relationships.
- Monitor pricing and program within respective area of responsibility.
- Communicate all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited four year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- 7 to 10 years of management experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Lastly, this position will require the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and clients.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position must possess the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, as well as the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position will require the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited and minimal standardization exists. The position will also require the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prior experience and above average knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with management, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Sales Function: Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function and sales information systems.
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
- Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.