Wholesaler: Columbia Distributing
Location: Portland, OR
Position Statement: The GM will plan, organize, develop and direct the Oregon team to deliver aggressive earnings growth for the long-term and achieve corporate and supplier objectives for the State of Oregon.
The successful candidate will possess the following as defined by our Polaris competencies model:
Drive/Energy * Influence * Talent Development * Business Thinking * Leader Identification * Team Management * Industry Knowledge * Integrity * Change Agility * Mission Focus *
- Understand the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the company’s sales and operations functions as well as sales support and warehouse information systems.
- Skillfully direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market
- Develop, coordinate and assess the activities of their sales and management personnel.
- Organize the structure and utilization of management personnel in assigned areas and ensure that all positions are appropriately staffed to achieve company and supplier objectives.
- Attract, develop, lead and retain a skilled and diverse senior management team.
- Skillfully manage our relationships with Columbia and Tustin
- Governmental / External Affairs for OR
- Provide leadership and direction to all Oregon management personnel
- Be an agent for change, demonstrate the ability to manage the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure, and overall organizational environment.
- Function as a key member of the executive management team communicating and representing all aspects of the sales and operations organizations for area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain productive supplier and customer relationships.
The GM is expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned sales and management personnel to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives by:
- Leading and influencing the annual planning process
- Coordinating and monitoring the activities of their sales, marketing and category management teams.
- Full PNL literacy and responsibility. Must have the knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; and the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
The GM is expected to organize the structure and utilization of sales and marketing personnel in assigned areas and ensure that all positions and territories are appropriately staffed to achieve company and supplier objectives by attracting, developing and retaining sales and management team.
- Lead efforts in recruiting key talent at all levels
- Model and drive inclusion & diversity across all initiatives
- Support training & development investments
The GM is expected to skillfully direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market / customer and channel by:
- Having the ability to work with assigned group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate their achievement.
- Establishing priorities and maintaining brand standards.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo on display and execution standards and expectations
- Monitor pricing and programming within respective area of responsibility
- Conveying knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Utilizing assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
The GM is expected to serve as information resource for, and conduits between field sales, sales support, management, customers and regional leadership by:
- Imparting knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function
- Establishing and maintaining productive employee and customer relationships
- Communicating all sales issues and opportunities to their respective area of responsibility
- Listening, encouraging feedback and maintaining open lines of communication and transparency with employees, suppliers and customers.
Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales division, sales support functions, and sales information systems.
- Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
- Knowledge of and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
- Full P&L financial acumen. Financially literate and comfortable with looking at business (non-sales) details to help inform decisions.
- 15+ years of management experience in the beverage alcohol, CSG or related industry
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Proven track record of successful sales and management skills, progression in their career
- Ability to work with management, direct reports, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level
- The ability and passion to train and develop others
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. This position will also require the ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to demonstrate skilled reasoning: Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record
For further information, please contact Annette Gregorich Annette.email@example.com