Wholesaler: Young’s Market Company
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Chain Sales District Manager will be responsible for street execution of sales initiatives, the training and development of Sales Representatives as well as executing all sales/promotional programs.
- Develops, trains and directs sales reps to achieve sales goals, and placement objectives and to ensure company standards are met.
- May conduct strategic sales negotiations with key accounts.
- Sets up schedules and appointments to obtain new accounts and to service existing accounts.
- Surveys market area to detect business trends and opportunities for new products or new applications for existing products.
- Ensures execution of team quotas and orders.
- Assists in the development of sales forecasts. Plans for sales activities by forecasting conditions, defining objectives and strategies and securing resources.
- Controls and manages sales performance by measuring and reporting results, evaluating and correcting performance and administering policies and procedures.
- Organizes team by structuring the territories, delegating work, and staffing positions.
- Provides leadership in making decisions, developing personnel, communicating with and motivating staff.
- Plans and executes sales and promotional activities that effectively counter competitive trends by establishing goals for individual territories, and distribution standards for brands.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of competition.
- Conducts weekly sales meetings for the purpose of disseminating supplier information, product and sales training and to obtain feedback on the effectiveness, efficiency and relevance of the sales and promotional activities.
- Prepares and maintains required paperwork, reports and records.
- Manages selling expenses to authorized levels.
- Manages territory when a sales rep is on vacation.
- Prepares and executes appropriate promotions.
- Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional activities and other account activities.
- Communicate all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- One to two years related experience, preferably at a management level or combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, in addition to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: The position requires a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record and the ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, follow up, customer service and rapport building skills
- Strong organizational, planning, leadership and team building skills
- Proven track record of successful sales and management skills
- Ability to work with management, direct reports, colleagues and customers throughout the industry at all levels
- Ability to train and develop Sales Representatives
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office environment
- Possess valid Arizona State driver’s license, reliable vehicle and responsible DMV record
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds as required
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl occasionally
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Sales Function: Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function and sales information systems.
Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.