Wholesaler: Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits
Position: Category Development / Trade Development Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits has one opening for a Category Development / Trade Development Manager on our team in Chicago Illinois. This non-management position will be responsible as a consultant to our customers and account team that identifies opportunities that deliver category and customer growth through insight based recommendations.
- Role requires an experienced understanding of Category Management / Trade Development processes and practices and will collaborate with both our customers and internal teams in the areas of effective product assortment, shelf merchandising, promotional and pricing recommendations.
- Providing Insights and analytical market trends, analyzes shopper data, syndicated and point of sale data to identify key customer opportunities for growth base business, category review and item level analytics (focus on weekly, monthly, promotional and assortment tracking)
- Single point of contact for customer contacts. Understands industry, economic and shopper trends in making business decisions.
- Demands high energy, assertive leadership skills, an aptitude to resolve complex problems, understand market dynamics and employ strong decision making skills.
- This is a Category Management / Trade Development role working with strategic chains and executive management.
- Would be a member of a national Trade Development team.
- Support strategic chains Account Managers and strategic suppliers.
- Perform production and analytical competencies on but not limited to:
- Strategic Business Planning
- Analysis & Insights
- Financial and business acumen scenarios
- Assortment analysis
- Retail shelf merchandising
- Story Telling
- Shopper Marketing
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge and understanding of all basic Category Management elements, including JDA Space Planning software, experience with syndicated data and strong analytical skills.
- Skilled is utilizing Nielsen, Spectra, Internal Data, Shopper Marketing, Nielsen HH Panel and retail shelf merchandising JDA Space Planning to develop compelling commercial arguments.
- Adept at working strategically within a cross-functional, competitive environment.
- Outgoing personality with strong sales acumen, solid interpersonal skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Minimum 5 years Category Management experience within CPG sector. BevAl experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.