Wholesaler: Republic National Distributing Company
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Summary: Manages field sales activities of the Texas State Wine Division to achieve company sales and profit objectives by performing the following duties. Responsible for “street execution”, the training and development of Managers and Sales Representatives as well as executing all sales/promotional programs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Establishes, recommends and implements strategies, objectives, policies and plans for sales and profit objectives of the division.
• Conducts educational meetings with suppliers
• Manages the activities of subordinate internal and external sales staff and managerial personnel. Directs the company’s field sales staff in achieving planned quotas.
• Travels to sales territories to monitor field activities and gain perspective of current market conditions.
• Plans and develops the annual sales forecasts by product line and region.
• Recommends advertising campaigns and performance incentive programs for the sales department.
• Identifies and communicates to the marketing department new product development and revisions to existing product lines.
• Develops and administers the budget for the sales program. Evaluates and controls performance to plan.
• Develops and maintains customer relationships within the marketplace.
• Engages in the more difficult negotiations (as support to sales representatives) to develop new business and resolve the more critical problem situations affecting the sales program.
• Plan and develop the various aspects of sales meetings. Execute and participate in various meetings of the sales program.
• Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional activities and other account activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; five or more years related experience, of which five years in sales management with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Mathematical, Reasoning Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (i.e. such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn. Other technology used in this occupation: Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state; Requires a current state driver’s license; Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements.
Other Requirements: Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.