Wholesaler: Young’s Market Company
Location: Tustin, CA
The National Accounts Executive position is a key position as a link to marketing and sales, as well as selling Young’s Market Company brands to specific National chains.
This position’s primary responsibility will be to call on National chain headquarters to gain distribution and volume.
The National Accounts Executive meets with California Sales Managers and On Premise Managers throughout the Young’s Network to review numbers and market trends. Reporting directly to the VP Director of Sales of National Accounts.
- Build necessary relationships and penetrate National headquarters customers in order to promote Young’s brands.
- Deliver against assigned sales and distribution objectives.
- Manage assigned budgets.
- Communicate market intelligence to National Sales, Division Mangers and Sales Teams in order to further market penetration of Young’s brands.
- Prepare and deliver high caliber comprehensive sales presentations and present marketing proposals.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all supplier partners.
- Work with supplier partners on national account objectives, goals, and incentives.
- Develop specific national strategies to implement suppliers brand goals.
- Develop and maintain a database of all accounts with pertinent sales data.
- Possess knowledge of products, wine and spirit industry competitive markets and brands.
- Represent Company with Professionalism and Integrity.
- Regularly (about 30% of the time) travel throughout the United States to visit national accounts.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a national sales role within a multi-tiered distribution channel organization is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write detailed reports and correspondence. The position further requires the ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to sales management, other employees, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position will requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This position also requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have a good driving record, valid driver’s license, and current auto insurance coverage.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- Working knowledge in ASA 400 and Diver is preferred.
- Must have working experience in Nielsen/IRI or related system
- Must be able to think strategically and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Previous beverage knowledge is preferred.