Wholesaler: Young’s Market Company
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Operations Warehouse
The Director of Operations – Warehouse, will be responsible for all functions of warehousing. Product intake (receiving), tracking, product management and placement, loading, scheduling, inventory management to include specialty items, exempt staff performance/development, safety leadership/enforcement, success measurements, process improvements, compliance with CBA, and warehouse maintenance, equipment readiness and cleanliness.
This position will collaborate with the Director of Drivers & Delivery to ensure correct and timely loading of trucks/movement, accurate order processing, timely deliveries and customer satisfaction. In addition, this position will work closely with sales to support customer service, preparation for sales initiatives, extra deliveries, specialty events and management of product.
- Management and development of Operations Managers to ensure in house and 3rd party inventories are accurate, organized and available for distribution.
- Oversite for accuracy of invoices and processes for corrective measures.
- Directs operations to assure a safe clean and orderly warehouse.
- Partner with risk management to assure Federal and Cal OSHA compliance.
- Management oversite for communication and coordination of timely product receiving, product organization, and storage of product in warehouse.
- In collaboration with inventory management, is responsible for inventory levels, locations, monitoring of breakage and accuracy of product counts.
- Working with night shift operations; ensures proper/accurate loading, on-time departures to support timely deliveries of semi’s and bobtails.
- Flexibility in work hours to cover the night shift operations to realize process improvements.
- Research, troubleshoot and apply corrective actions with a sense of urgency for shortages, refusals, filling errors, not on trucks, missed deliveries, breakage, and dirty invoices. Application of corrective measure for process improvements.
- Collaborates with driver managers and the sales teams to resolve and/or eliminate internal and external customer concerns.
- Provides direct leadership to maintain and enhance Company safety policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages warehouse Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) which drive results to improve safety, productivity, accuracy for internal and external customer service and satisfaction.
- Management of Safety Committee on all shifts. Lessons for review on a weekly basis and management of work related injury program to include 1-point lessons for each incident that occurs. Will require team to review 1-point lessons with team for training compliance.
- Works in conjunction with routing to ensure that downloads match customer invoices.
- Plan, organize and coordinate quarterly/annual warehouse inventories in Morgan Hill and any 3rd party storage facility. Support inventory management efforts at year end.
- Direct transfers of 3rd party inventory to Morgan Hill as needed.
- Coordinate intercompany transfers of inventory between Morgan Hill and Chino warehouses. Develops supporting policies and procedures to enhance and improve current processes.
- Promotes ongoing best in class customer service throughout all positions warehouse operations.
- This position is required to serve as an information resource. Acts as a conduit between operations, driver managers, sales, and the company management.
- This position is accountable for the leadership of exempt (non-union) and hourly (union) personnel.
- This position will make hiring decisions, enforce policies and procedures, administer disciplinary action, and maintain consistent application of processes listed.
- This position will work closely with support functions such as; Human Resources, Safety, Payroll, Risk Management to comply with policies and procedures.
- This position will be responsible for relationship management with local business agents and compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Accountable for forecasting finances and budgets with a budget of $75-85 million and an operating cost of $15 million.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from an accredited four-year college or university with a concentration in engineering, business or in related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience with distribution or warehouse management; or equivalent education.
- Experience in managing union and non-union employees, including grievances, arbitrations, and contract negotiations.
- This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This role also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. This position further requires the ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must communicate effectively with a variety of audiences. The successful candidate will communicate in a calm, consistent manner. Listening skills are essential in this role.
- This role requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- This position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This role also requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Lean Six Sigma or similar training
- Certified Production & Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Must be task/results oriented and provide leadership of the same.
- Must possess continuous improvement mindset.
- Thorough understanding of warehouse cost structure.
- Ability to interpret cost build up, trends, and monthly financial reports.
- Highly collaborative leadership style.
- Proficient in Windows environment and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of Federal and Cal OSHA regulations.
- Must have excellent communication skills; both formal and informal.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to multitask.