Summary: To form category partnerships with key retailer buyers by acting as an objective consultant through financial analysis and strategic product rationalization, using our space planning software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
• The category manager is assigned to a specific chain(s) and is responsible for increasing their over-all business.
• Calls directly on the chain buyer and sells entire portfolio in an objective manner, adding in new distribution where it makes sense for the demographics of the individual store or clusters of stores.
• Assists buyers define roles for each subcategory of wine and/or spirits and further assisting them to develop strategies to achieve goals.
• Uses demographic data to cluster stores and market level syndicated data to obtain opportunities outside the retailer’s current product mix.
• Provides a total category presentation to set sales tolerances, adjacencies and price flow. Plan—0-grams are developed to implement sales strategies.
• Educates internal and external sales staffs to maximize business opportunities with the retailers.
• Works closely with sales and sales management to identify market opportunities.
• Recognizes product opportunities within respective categories and presents those new products (private labels) to RNDC suppliers.
• Scorecard Business Development Manager’s chain performance to communicate success to RNDC executives.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; four or more years related experience, preferably management work with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations), write routine reports and correspondence, and to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), graphics software (such as Corel or Adobe Design), and order processing systems (such as ProSpace, Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn. Other technology used in this occupation: Analytical or scientific software; Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software; Project management software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Requires a current state driver’s license; ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements; and Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state.
Other Requirements: Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.